It doesn't matter what you call this city, it's amazing!
Vancouver was named the Top Destination in Canada in TripAdvisor's 2014 Travellers' Choice Awards, and has been listed in the top spots in numerous "Most Liveable City" and "Quality of Life" reports. As well, it has been ranked as one of the healthiest places to live and is on course to be in the greenest city by 2020.
A few quick facts:
- Population: Just over 600,000 in the City of Vancouver. The greater Vancouver area has a population of 2.4 million.
- It is the 3rd largest city in Canada
- Vancouver is the warmest city in Canada with only a handful of days per year where there is snow falling in the city. We prefer our snow up on the hills.
- 40% of the population is foreign born, and over 50% of its residents have a first language other than English.
- Stanley Park is a whopping 1001 acre public park that borders downtown and is best seen through our 'Run This City' Tour. As a comparison Central Park in NYC is only 843 acres!